Watton and East Harling slimmers raise £7,500 for Cancer Research UK after huge clothes donation
- Credit: Archant
Generous slimmers have raised around £7,500 for charity after donating 300 bags of clothes that no longer fit them.
Members of the Slimming World groups in Watton and East Harling feel so confident they will never need the garments again that they gave clothes, shoes and accessories to The Big Slimming World Clothes Throw.
As well as raising money for Cancer Research UK, the campaign is designed to raise awareness about how keep to a healthy weight helps to reduce the risk of developing some types of cancer.
Consultant Naomi Palfrey, who runs the weekly groups in Watton and East Harling, said: 'The members never fail to amaze me with their weight loss results week after week and it has been great to see so many bags of clothes donated through The Big Slimming World Clothes Throw.
'This year's Clothes Throw has been a fantastic success and I can't believe just how many bags my members, their friends and families have managed to collect.
You may also want to watch:
'Our group is always buzzing and when we collected the bags up and saw what a phenomenal amount there were all together, we realised what a difference we could make. Tthe atmosphere was just electric.
'Lots of people don't know that maintaining a healthy weight helps reduce the risk of developing some types of cancer.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 5 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 6 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 9 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 10 Former village pub for sale as home
'All of the wardrobes cleared and every donation made by our members, their friends and families will make a huge difference to Cancer Research UK and we're so grateful for everyone's support.
'The Clothes Throw has been a great chance for the members who have done so well to celebrate their amazing weight losses by saying goodbye to their 'before' clothes.'
Nationally, the campaign was supported by celebrity and popstar Peter Andre.
The East Harling Slimming World group runs every Tuesday from 5.30pm and 7.30pm at the village's youth centre.
The Watton group meets every Thursday at 9.30am, 11.30am, 5.30pm and 7.30pm at Watton Sport and Social Club.
For more information, call Ms Palfrey on 01842 763745 or 07872 435189.
Are you raising money for charity in South Norfolk? Email firstname.lastname@example.org