Beauty of Waterloo Park captured in the sunshine
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Norwich is blessed with many beautiful parks and green spaces, and as the sun comes out they are the perfect place to enjoy a relaxing afternoon.
In the first of our week-long photo feature, photographer Nick Butcher took a trip to Waterloo Park.
Bursting with colourful flowers, trees and quaint waterways, the park also features a bandstand, water play area and pavilion for families to enjoy.
And for those who don't fancy preparing a picnic, the park now boasts its own café - Park Britannia - which opened at the end of last year.
It is the third café to be opened by Britannia Enterprises, the social enterprise which helps to rehabilitate serving low-risk prisoners or ex-offenders by giving them the opportunity to undertake valuable work experience.
You may also want to watch:
The café gave a new lease of life to the park's grade II-listed pavilion which had been shut for more than a decade.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 9 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named