Water supply problem in Badersfield caused by closed valve
- Credit: PA
Water supply has been restored to the village of Badersfield, on the former RAF Coltishall base, after a partially closed valve was found to be causing the problem.
Many of the 500 properties in the village had been without running water since 5pm on Saturday evening following weeks of disruption with their water supply.
Anglian Water, which supplies water to all the site's users and is responsible for pipework up to their boundaries worked alongside Badersfield residents' management company Preim to locate the source of the problem with the water supply and found a partially closed valve on the Scottow Business Park network to be responsible.
A spokesperson for Anglia Water said; 'We did everything we could around the area on several occasions over the last few weeks to try and locate a problem on Anglian Water's network, and unfortunately we found nothing.
'We're sorry that there was nothing we could do to improve the water pressure until this closed valve was located, and opened.
You may also want to watch:
'We appreciate this isn't acceptable from a customer point of view, and we will review the situation with all concerned to make sure it doesn't happen again.'
Tesco on Blue Boar Lane in Sprowston donated hundreds of bottles of water to residents whilst they waited to be reconnected with some staff from the store using their own cars to get the water to the village.
- 1 Driver dies in crash on A47
- 2 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 3 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 4 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 End of an era as hardware store closes after 60 years
- 7 Inside the police operation that has led to 3000 arrests in Norfolk
- 8 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 9 Volunteers wanted - to be locked up in a Norfolk police cell
- 10 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
Liz Hobbs, who lives on Cromes Place, Badersfield, said she hopes this is the last of the problem now.
'It has caused absolute chaos to my day,' she said. 'We will just have to wait and see over the next few weeks now if the problem is fixed for good.'
Anglia Water added; 'We will be meeting this week with Preim and any other contractors who have been working on the site to understand how this valve ended up closed.'
There was no-one available at Preim for comment.