Water back on in west Norfolk after burst water main disrupts services
- Credit: PA
Everything is back to normal in west Norfolk after a burst water main left customers with low pressure or no water earlier today.
The main areas affected were South Wootton, North Wootton and West Winch.
An Anglian Water spokesman said: 'We're very sorry customers had low pressure or no water this morning.
'This is because of a burst on one of the large water mains that feed the town.
'We know this will have been disruptive, particularly for parents affected by the school closures, and we're very sorry for this.
You may also want to watch:
'Our teams have been out working since early this morning and have now stopped the water escaping, which means pressure will be gradually returning to normal.
'When the water returns to customers' taps it may look cloudy or discoloured initially. This is quite normal after a burst and running the tap should clear it. This water can still be used for watering plants.
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 4 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 8 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 9 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 10 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
'Getting everyone back on water has been our absolute priority this morning and we are very grateful to customers for their patience.'