Watchdogs warn people in Norfolk not to fall for cold call con
- Credit: PA
Watchdogs have warned people not to fall for a scam from a con artist claiming to be from the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB).
Norfolk Trading Standards issued the warning after reports in the county of telephone cold calls claiming to be from the CAB.
The caller claims to be from the CAB and then starts to question their intended victim about 'debts'.
Trading Standards officers said the caller is attempting to get information such as bank account details.
They said the Citizens Advice Bureau does not cold call, or authorise others to cold call on their behalf.
You may also want to watch:
They urged anybody who receives one of the calls not to hand over any personal information.
Instead, they should hang up and report the call to watchdogs via the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06.
Further information on a string of other common scams is available here.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 8 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer