Watchdog warning after cold callers target homes in Norfolk
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Watchdogs have warned people in Norfolk to be on their guard against cold callers turning up on doorsteps offering work on driveways.
Norfolk Trading Standards has had reports from Hellesdon, Thorpe Marriott and Brundall about men going door to door.
The men have been using a blue van and a white van.
Trading Standards officers urged people never to deal with anyone who cold calls at your property offering home improvement services.
A spokesman for Norfolk Trading Standards said: 'When looking to have work done on or around your property only deal with reputable companies you have researched and chosen yourself and have obtained a written quotation from.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who sees the cold callers or anyone concerned about rogue trader activity in their community should call the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06 or Norfolk Constabulary via 101.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?