Milk cartons find new life as miniature igloo for youngsters’ snowy adventures
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Photographs from inside a tot-sized igloo show youngsters exploring the traditional Arctic structure built entirely from recycled milk carton bricks.
Tots Town in Hethersett built the structure as a seasonal addition to its miniature play town, alongside a reindeer stable, Santa's sleigh and fireplace complete with stockings and mince pies.
Lindsay James, mum-of-two and set designer at Tots Town, said: 'Every year its getting bigger and bigger. The kids love role playing and have even been collecting fish at the toy supermarket to cook on the miniature camping stove to feed to the penguins.
'The atmosphere is lovely especially when we have parties.'
Three-hundred milk cartoons, collected throughout the year in the play centre's cafe were used to build the igloo.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs James said she hoped it would still be standing in February and that many visitors planned to return after Christmas to continue the winter magic.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 10 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack