Watch the heart-warming moment a Dereham dad is gifted an original Toyota MR2 MK1 for Father’s Day
- Credit: Archant
Most dads have to settle for a pair of socks or an embarrassing tie on Father's Day - but not for one lucky Dereham man who was gifted an original 1987 Toyota MR2 MK1.
The present was the exact same model Michael Jewiss, 64, had been forced to sell in 1999 as he could no longer afford to keep his 'dream car'.
But that all changed on Father's Day (Sunday, June 19) as his son Paul parked a red Toyota MR2 MK1 outside his house.
Paul Jewiss, 41, a personal fitness trainer from Wymondham, said: 'After two years they could no longer afford to keep it as a weekend car and decided to sell to me.
'I was involved in a minor road accident which resulted in the MR2 being written off - you could tell he was quite upset at seeing his car damaged.
You may also want to watch:
'I said to myself, that when the time came that I could afford it and when I could find another pristine, un-restored, original MR2 I would buy it as a surprise.'
Mr Jewiss started his search for an MR2 at the end of 2016 and wanted to give something back after his parents supported him through 'major personal challenges' over the past three years.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
The personal trainer shared the video on his Facebook page and it has been viewed over 20,000 times - the clip has even featured on American TV.
Have you surprised someone in Norfolk? Email Louisa.Baldwin@archant.co.uk