Watch: Star Wars fans rave over The Force Awakens as Norfolk cinemas are packed out
- Credit: Steve Adams
A ten-year wait ended on Thursday as thousands of Star Wars fans finally got to see The Force Awakens.
Earlier this week Norfolk's cinemas reported unprecedented demand for tickets, as the first Star Wars move in ten years was met with rave reviews.
And the first fans to see the movie had a late night with the earliest screening at 00:01 on Thursday morning.
Jason Buxton, 46, from the Norwich Star Wars of Suffolk club said: 'I've not heard one bad thing said about it (the movie) yet,' he said. I've had a lot of friends see it and they've all said it's absolutely brilliant.'
Ahead of the midnight screenings in the early hours of Thursday, Jason and other club members were decked out in full Star Wars regalia at the Odeon IMAX in Norwich, keeping queuing crowds entertained and collecting for charity.
He believes people have felt the force of Star Wars' potential around the world and this is what has given the franchise such an enduring appeal.
'I think it's because everyone can relate in some way to Star Wars from their personal life,' he said.
There are dozens of showings of the film in Norfolk today. Find out when they are here.
•This page will be updated with more reaction today
- 1 Classic vehicle day coming to stunning gardens this weekend
- 2 Man in his 20s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 3 7 pubs up for sale or rent in Norfolk
- 4 'I can't stop Western Link work starting in my woodland'
- 5 Mum killed in A47 collision was ‘walking to Norwich’, inquest hears
- 6 Jailed this week: County lines gang and man found with cocaine in his car
- 7 Seven beach walks with a cafe pit stop to try in Norfolk
- 8 One in four patients ignored health conditions after failing to see GP
- 9 Six beaches in Norfolk awarded Blue Flag status for 2022
- 10 Man accused of murder refuses to appear in court
•Are you off to see the new Star Wars movie? Let us know what you think in the comments section below or tweet us @EDP24 and @EveningNews.