Watch: Plane wobbles trying to land at Birmingham Airport during windy weekend
- Credit: PA
A passenger airliner has gone off the runway and ended up on the grass verge after landing at Birmingham Airport.
The Airbus A320, carrying 98 people, 'manoeuvred' off the tarmac while it was taxing to the terminal after touching down at about 2pm today, according to airport officials.
All the passengers were taken off the plane safely once it had come to rest and there no reports of any injuries, according to a spokesman for the airport in Bickenhill, Solihull.
The plane, operated by Small Planet Airlines, had arrived from Paderborn in Germany.
The stricken airliner was eventually towed out of the heavily rutted grass at about 4pm, and back onto the taxiway.
In a statement, the airport said: 'Birmingham Airport can confirm that an A320 aircraft belonging to charter company, Small Planet, has manoeuvred off the taxiway into grass after landing from Paderborn at 1320 today.
'Passengers have safely disembarked and have been bussed to the terminal. There are no reports of injuries.'
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 10 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
The airport's fire engines and emergency teams were on the scene throughout the drama, however Birmingham's single runway was fully operational.
A spokesman for the carrier Small Planet, said: 'On February 21, Small Planet Airlines flight S5-3260 from Paderborn in Germany ran off the taxiway after landing at Birmingham airport and stopped on the grass.
'All 98 passengers safely disembarked the aircraft and there were no injuries.'