Norfolk chef Daniel Smith served up a treat at industry ‘Oscars’
- Credit: Archant
A chef from Norfolk has been recognised at a national awards ceremony.
Daniel Smith, Chef Patron at The Ingham Swan, The Wildebeest and Warwick St Social, picked up the prestigious national Restaurant Chef Award, from The Craft Guild of Chefs at an event, described as the Chefs' Oscars, in London.
The award recognises an outstanding contribution to quality and innovation, taking into account not only customer endorsements and other accolades earned but also a successful year's trading.
It has previously been won by another Norfolk Chef, Michelin-starred Galton Blackiston, in 2001.
Daniel said: 'I am honoured and delighted to have won this top national award. Many of the UK's leading chefs were in the frame and to have made it to the final three and then be announced the winner on the night was overwhelming.
You may also want to watch:
'I am very proud of my Norfolk heritage and I dedicate this award to my incredible family who have supported me throughout my career. I hope it inspires the young people I have working with me in my kitchens that hard work and dedication pays off.'
The Craft Guild of Chefs awards recognise the hospitality industry's leading talent with a total of 17 categories from apprentice chefs through to specialist chefs.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 6 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 7 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash
Daniel will attend a lunch for winners at The Ivy Restaurant, London, on Monday, June 26, which will also be attended by award sponsors and senior members of the Craft Guild of Chefs. Another opportunity to fly the flag for Norfolk.