WATCH: Amazing aerial footage from huge military exercise over RAF Lakenheath
- Credit: Archant
Barrel rolls and banking turns are on show in footage of one of RAF Lakenheath's largest ever training exercises.
Exercise Point Blank took place on Tuesday, November 26, and involved more than 40 aircraft and around 200 to 250 servicemen.
This exercise was also the first time the French Air Force took part in exercise Point Blank with the RAF and USAF keen to stress the importance of 'interoperability' - working together well.
Point Blank involved fourth and fifth generation aircraft, including two F-35s from RAF Marham, alongside US Air Force F-15s from RAF Lakenheath and the French Air Force's Rafale.
Refuelling, reconnaissance and rescue aircraft also took part, launching from locations across the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Wing Commander John Butcher, the officer commanding 617 squadron, said: 'This particular exercise is different than any ones that we've done previously because of the threats that are out there.
'It's the first time we've done a peer exercise and that we've worked alongside French and US partners.'
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 8 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 9 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
He added 'things are progressing well' towards declaring initial operating capability for the F-35s before December 31.