WATCH: Do your kids come to work with you in the holidays? Six-year-old Barnaby Cross helps out his shepherd dad on the shearing round
- Credit: Archant
Finding childcare in the school holidays can be a nightmare for working parents.
But for Wymondham shepherd David Cross it means he gets an extra pair of hands to help with his workload.
His youngest son, Barnaby, has become an expert wool roller at the age of just six years old.
It means Mr Cross can get his shearing jobs done in double quick time with his young helper rolling up the fleeces and putting them in the wool sacks.
'He is an incredible worker,' said the proud dad. 'He just doesn't stop all day. If I stop for a break he nags me to get going again and shear faster. My customers are so impressed they often pay him as well as me.
You may also want to watch:
'Hopefully he will want to learn to clip soon and he can take over my shearing round in a few years.'
* Do you take your children to work with you in the holidays? Send in your photos to firstname.lastname@example.org or share on our EDP24 Facebook page.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies