Watch dashcam footage of a drive through flooded country lanes of Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Reader James Cutler captured this footage on his dashcam on Tuesday of a very wet drive to work.
The 41-year-old was driving back to Bury St Edmunds, where he lives and works, from a camping trip in Woodbridge when he had to divert from the A14 because the road was closed.
The sales manager took the scenic route to Bury on country lanes of mid-Suffolk but was faced with flood water outside Stowmarket which was 10 inches high in places following heavy rain overnight in East Anglia.'There were cars with their bumpers under water,' he said.
The video was taken on Combs Lane, just west of Stowmarket.
Mr Cutler was driving a Fiat Ducato camper van so was higher up than most of the other road users. 'I felt pretty comfortable going through the floods,' he said. 'But there were other vehicles less comfortable than me.'
The 45-minute journey took an hour and 15 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The Met Office issued a weather warning for East England until midday on Tuesday. The weather is expected to remain cloudy this week but should brighten up on Thursday and over the weekend.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 9 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 10 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash