WATCH: CCTV footage released after money changing scam in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
Police are attempting to trace a man after he carried out a money changing scam in a Lowestoft shop.
Officers are keen to speak to a man – described as chubby and was wearing a black jacket and white T-shirt – who spoke in broken English.
The incident happened at about 9pm on Friday, April 8, when the man entered the convenience store and made a purchase – before making repeated requests to change different notes in a bid to confuse the member of staff behind the counter.
Following the scam, in north Lowestoft, the man managed to escape with £80.
Police are urging shop workers and businesses to be alert to the scam and are asking anyone who may recognise the man involved to call Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime number 27201/16.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 6 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 9 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 10 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction