Was it a UFO? Businessman stumped by ‘flying disk’ sighting over Dereham
Was it a bird? Was it a plane? Or was it something altogether more sinister?
Those were the questions facing a businessman who was left scratching his head after seeing three mysterious grey objects in the sky over Dereham on Monday evening.
The man - who did not want to be named - noticed something amiss when he stepped into the back garden of his home for a cigarette at about 7,40pm.
The teetotaler described seeing three grey disc-like objects with an orange tinge in formation, slowly moving in a south-west direction.
He said: 'At first I thought it was three geese. They were in formation like planes - it was two at the back and one at the front. They started to go a lot quicker and the orange glow was a lot brighter, and two split off to the left and one to the right.
'I mentioned it to my wife. I said 'I'm not going mad but you will never guess what I've just seen'. I don't know what it was.'
The entrepreneur, who said he has no beliefs about the existence of UFOs, reported his experience on the website uk-ufo.co.uk.
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 3 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 4 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 5 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 6 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 7 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 8 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 9 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 10 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
In response, Tony Doyle reported seeing three similar, silent objects in the sky over Little Budworth in Cheshire the previous night.