Was it a UFO? Businessman stumped by ‘flying disk’ sighting over Dereham
Was it a bird? Was it a plane? Or was it something altogether more sinister?
Those were the questions facing a businessman who was left scratching his head after seeing three mysterious grey objects in the sky over Dereham on Monday evening.
The man - who did not want to be named - noticed something amiss when he stepped into the back garden of his home for a cigarette at about 7,40pm.
The teetotaler described seeing three grey disc-like objects with an orange tinge in formation, slowly moving in a south-west direction.
He said: 'At first I thought it was three geese. They were in formation like planes - it was two at the back and one at the front. They started to go a lot quicker and the orange glow was a lot brighter, and two split off to the left and one to the right.
You may also want to watch:
'I mentioned it to my wife. I said 'I'm not going mad but you will never guess what I've just seen'. I don't know what it was.'
The entrepreneur, who said he has no beliefs about the existence of UFOs, reported his experience on the website uk-ufo.co.uk.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 7 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
In response, Tony Doyle reported seeing three similar, silent objects in the sky over Little Budworth in Cheshire the previous night.