Friends of man found dead in Norwich raise money to help pay for funeral
- Credit: Archant
Friends of a 32-year-old cyclist found dead in Norwich are raising money to help pay for his funeral.
Warren Dowling's body was discovered alongside a bike in an alleyway between Dereham Road and Ranworth Road on Monday, May 28.
Police said emergency services attended, but Mr Dowling was pronounced dead at the scene.
A GoFundMe page set up in his memory said: 'In honour of our amazing friend Warren Dowling, a man who always wore his heart on his sleeve and a smile on his face.
'There is nothing we can do to correct this horrible tragedy, or fill the hole that it has left in so many people's lives.
You may also want to watch:
'If we can learn anything from Warren's life, it should be to treat each other with the same open-hearted kindness and non-judgemental support with which he treated all of us.'
It said details of his funeral will be made to family and friends once a date is set.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
Police said the incident is being treated as a 'collision', but confirmed no other vehicles were involved.
Police said they were called around 12.20am on Monday to reports that a man with a bike had been found at the base of several steps.
To donate, visit www.gofundme.com/funeral-costs-for-warren-dowling