Cyclist found dead in Norwich alleyway is named
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist whose body was found at the base of several steps in Norwich has been named as Warren Dowling.
Mr Dowling's body was discovered alongside a bike near an alleyway between Dereham Road and Ranworth Road yesterday, (Monday, May 28).
Emergency services attended, but Mr Dowling, who was in his 30s and believed to be from Norwich, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said the incident is being treated as a 'collision', but confirmed no other vehicles were involved.
A seal was put in place while officers carried out enquiries into the circumstances of the incident, but this was lifted around 5.30am.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision, particularly anyone who saw the manner of the cyclist prior to the incident.
Witnesses should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) on 101.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 6 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 7 A47 opens 18 hours after HGV overturns in crash with car
- 8 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed
• Do you wish to pay tribute to Mr Dowling? Email firstname.lastname@example.org