Cyclist found dead in Norwich alleyway is named
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist whose body was found at the base of several steps in Norwich has been named as Warren Dowling.
Mr Dowling's body was discovered alongside a bike near an alleyway between Dereham Road and Ranworth Road yesterday, (Monday, May 28).
Emergency services attended, but Mr Dowling, who was in his 30s and believed to be from Norwich, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police said the incident is being treated as a 'collision', but confirmed no other vehicles were involved.
A seal was put in place while officers carried out enquiries into the circumstances of the incident, but this was lifted around 5.30am.
Officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision, particularly anyone who saw the manner of the cyclist prior to the incident.
Witnesses should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) on 101.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 Inside Norfolk's vital lifeline centre offering families respite
• Do you wish to pay tribute to Mr Dowling? Email firstname.lastname@example.org