'Shut your doors' - Fire service warning after blaze rips through bungalow
- Credit: Norfolk Fire and Rescue
Homeowners are being warned to sleep with their doors shut after doing so gave people in a west Norfolk home valuable time to escape a blaze.
The fire happened at a bungalow in Princess Drive, Hunstanton, on October 11 at around 1pm.
Appliances from Heacham, King's Lynn and Hunstanton attended the scene and crews used hose reels and main jets to extinguish the fire.
Fire crews found the doors were closed and the smoke alarm went off, giving everyone in the home time to get out safely.
In a tweet, Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service released photos of the charred bungalow alongside a plea to close doors at night.
It said: "Keeping doors closed provides vital time to escape and reduces damage. Shutting internal doors in your home at bedtime is a good idea.
"In this bungalow fire, the doors were closed and the smoke alarm went off, so everyone got out safely."
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 4 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 5 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 6 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 10 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack