Warning to keep doors and windows closed because of fire in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Police are warning people in part of Wisbech to keep their doors and windows closed because of a fire.
Emergency services are tackling a fire at what is believed to be a former garden centre on South Brink on the outskirts of the town.
Police said they were called by the fire service at about 10.50am alerting them of the fire at two barns.
A spokesman said: 'Details are sketchy at this stage, however members of the public are urged to avoid the area until further notice.'
The A47 near the scene of the blaze was closed for a time because of thick smoke.
It has now reopened, but traffic is reported to be moving slowly.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning in place as snow falls in parts of Norfolk and Waveney
- 3 Luxury manor for sale with a 'Hobbit house' in the grounds
- 4 School closed its doors for three days after Covid outbreak
- 5 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 6 Unfinished barn conversion to go up for sale at auction
- 7 Norwich painter and decorator named best in the country
- 8 Emma Thompson backs Norwich charity which helped her daughter
- 9 Out of control dog attacked and killed sheep, court hears
- 10 OPINION: Delight when 'all you can eat' restaurants get their comeuppance