Warning over scam loft insulation calls
- Credit: Archant
Householders are being warned to remain alert following a spate of scam telephone calls about loft insulation.
A post on the Suffolk Trading Standards Facebook page warned people to "beware scam calls about your loft insulation."
It said: "We have received reports of calls to residents from a trader stating that their loft insulation may not meet new Government Regulations, and as such, may be causing damp.
"The caller then goes on to offer a free survey of the loft, and attempts to make an appointment.
"This information is false.
You may also want to watch:
"Always be wary of any approach made in a telephone cold call and never give or confirm any personal details or agree to someone visit your home if approached in this manner.
"If you need advice about cold calling or have agreed to a visit during a cold call contact the Citizens Advice via their consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06."
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 7 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 8 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 9 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old