Warning over rouge traders in Wymondham offering funeral plans
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
People in Wymondham have been warned about cold callers offering funeral plans.
It comes after a resident from the town contacted Norfolk Trading Standards to report that people were out on the streets in Wymondham attempting to sell funeral plans on the doorstep.
A Norfolk County Council spokesman said: 'Our Trading Standards officers are keen to hear about other similar sightings in communities around Norfolk and would ask people to report them to our partners, Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 04 05 06.
'Our advice to people is to always be cautious of unexpected callers - particularly if they are claiming to offer a service. But whoever comes to your door uninvited, always ask to see their ID and never let anyone inside your home until you are satisfied they are who they say they are.'
•Have you been approached by these cold callers? Email email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 4 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 9 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash