Warning of vibrations and bangs from Great Yarmouth Power Station
- Credit: Great Yarmouth Power Station
Great Yarmouth Power Station on South Denes is warning people of vibrations and loud bangs for a week.
From Friday to Monday, August 4 to 7, the station is coming out of service for essential maintenance and repairs.
During the August weekend, between 8am and 7pm work will be carried out on the boiler tubes which will cause vibrations and loud bangs.
The vibrations are necessary to clean the boiler tubes of any corrosive materials and improve the efficiency of the plant.
Operators RWE said: 'Noise monitoring will be in place to ensure that the off-site noise does not exceed allowable levels. All other operations at the site will be stopped until after the boiler tube cleaning is completed with very limited personnel onsite.
'Experienced engineers will be managing the process to ensure the cleaning activity is carried out promptly with minimal noise impact to our neighbours.'
- 1 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 2 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 3 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 4 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 5 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 6 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 7 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Is this Norfolk's quirkiest cafe?
- 10 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible