Warning of vibrations and bangs from Great Yarmouth Power Station
- Credit: Great Yarmouth Power Station
Great Yarmouth Power Station on South Denes is warning people of vibrations and loud bangs for a week.
From Friday to Monday, August 4 to 7, the station is coming out of service for essential maintenance and repairs.
During the August weekend, between 8am and 7pm work will be carried out on the boiler tubes which will cause vibrations and loud bangs.
The vibrations are necessary to clean the boiler tubes of any corrosive materials and improve the efficiency of the plant.
Operators RWE said: 'Noise monitoring will be in place to ensure that the off-site noise does not exceed allowable levels. All other operations at the site will be stopped until after the boiler tube cleaning is completed with very limited personnel onsite.
You may also want to watch:
'Experienced engineers will be managing the process to ensure the cleaning activity is carried out promptly with minimal noise impact to our neighbours.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich