Warning as wintry weather and flooding weather continues to cause chaos on Norfolk’s roads
Wintry weather combined with a weekend of flooding is causing chaos on roads in Norfolk and Suffolk with a series of crashes being reported to police.
The big freeze and wintry showers returned to hit Norfolk this weekend with sub-zero temperatures, which are set to continue this week, bringing snow showers to Norwich and other parts of the county this morning.
It has meant hazardous driving conditions for motorists who have been warned to 'expect the unexpected' today by police who have received reports of a total of 25 crashes since midnight , including:
• A two vehicle crash on the A149 at Dersingham which is believed to be 'serious'. The A149 is currently closed both ways between the B1440 Lynn Road and B1439 because of the crash.
• The westbound carriageway of the A47 is blocked at East Dereham near Etling Green because of a crash.
You may also want to watch:
• There has been an accident involving a lorry on the A47 Acle Straight, between the Halvergate turning and Great Yarmouth, although the road has now reopened.
• One lane of the of the A47 is currently blocked westbound at Brundall on the roundabout following a two vehicle crash.
- 1 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 2 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
• On the A146 Beccles Road at Hales one lane is blocked near the B1136 Yarmouth Road junction because of a broken down car which is believed to have lost its wheel.
• There has been an accident on the B1354 between the A148 junction in Thursford and the Holt Road junction in Briston.
• A car is also said to be stuck in flood water on Taverham Lane between Costessey and Taverham.
Meanwhile the Environment Agency have revealed there are currently three flood warnings in place across the region. The warnings are in place at:
• The River Waveney from, and including, Bungay to Ellingham.
• The River Tas from, and including Stoke Holy Cross to the A47 road bridge.
• The River Waveney from, and including Diss to Bungay.
But despite the problems caused by the weather and flooding this weekend most of Norfolk's schools appear to be open today.
Brooke Primary School is believed to be closed because of flooding and Sutton CE VC Infant School, Laxfield Road, Sutton near
Stalham because of a bolier failure.