Warning after cold caller activity in Thetford and Diss
- Credit: PA
Residents are being warned to be on their guard after reports of cold calling incidents in Thetford, Diss and the surrounding areas.
In one incident, a resident was cold called at their home by a man claiming to be offering free boilers.
The cold caller then attempted to question the resident about financial information to see if they were eligible.
When the resident refused to give any information the cold caller tried to persuade them to sign a form. Again the resident refused and asked the cold caller to leave.
In a second incident, a resident received a call about free boilers and agreed to a home visit.
You may also want to watch:
When the man visited a range of personal and financial information was requested.
Anyone with information or who is concerned about rogue trader activity can call Norfolk Trading Standards via their partners the Citizens Advice consumer helpline on 03454 040506
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 6 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 7 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab