Reader poll says war horse should stay on NDR roundabout
- Credit: Archant
A reader poll conducted on the Eastern Daily Press website has voted 83pc in favour of the Broadland Northway War Horse returning.
Almost 2,000 readers took part in the survey which followed after it was reported that the sculpture had been taken away.
The horse had sat on multiple roundabouts on the road, better known as the NDR, but was removed following an altercation with a police officer.
The removal sparked a public out-cry with many asking for it to be returned.
Taverham artist, Damian O'Connor, has moved the artwork about 20 times to different roundabouts on the road. He says the public response means the horse should be allowed to stay.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'I am delighted warhorse resonates with so many people of all ages for a variety of reasons.
'The heavy horse represents a huge amount of our history and regional heritage, together with some human traits which are helpful in our busy lives to be reminded off.'
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?