Want to become your own boss? Workshop aims to spark women into business
Norfolk women interested in becoming their own boss can take part in an upcoming workshop.
The event, called Spark!, is aimed to inspire women to take their first steps into entrepreneurship, and will take place at Norwich's Forum on Friday, March 31 from 10am to 1pm.
The workshop is the first of a series of events being organised by women's enterprise support organisation, Prowess, in partnership with the city's Business and IP Centre.
Erika Watson, Prowess founder, said she would encourage any woman with a business idea to think about becoming their own boss.
She said: 'More women than ever are starting their own business, but here in Norfolk as in the rest of the UK those businesses are less likely than ever to thrive or survive. Our events aim to get women off to a stronger start.'
You may also want to watch:
The workshop is free, visit spark2017.eventbrite.com to register.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 8 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 9 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit