Want to become your own boss? Workshop aims to spark women into business
Norfolk women interested in becoming their own boss can take part in an upcoming workshop.
The event, called Spark!, is aimed to inspire women to take their first steps into entrepreneurship, and will take place at Norwich's Forum on Friday, March 31 from 10am to 1pm.
The workshop is the first of a series of events being organised by women's enterprise support organisation, Prowess, in partnership with the city's Business and IP Centre.
Erika Watson, Prowess founder, said she would encourage any woman with a business idea to think about becoming their own boss.
She said: 'More women than ever are starting their own business, but here in Norfolk as in the rest of the UK those businesses are less likely than ever to thrive or survive. Our events aim to get women off to a stronger start.'
You may also want to watch:
The workshop is free, visit spark2017.eventbrite.com to register.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 6 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 10 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital