Walkers tackle Wells to Blakeney challenge for Walking With the Wounded
- Credit: Archant
A group of hikers made mincemeat of a coastal path as they put their best feet forward for charity.
The 25 tackled the Mince Pie Walk from Wells to Blakeney on Saturday as their effort for Walking Home for Christmas.
The Mince Pie Walk was one of hundreds across Britain – inspired by the six wounded veterans, supported by Prince Harry, who walked 1,000 miles across Britain.
The Walk of Britain team that walked through Norfolk and other counties called on everyone who cheered them on to do a walk of their own this Christmas.
Following this, more than 1,000 people signed up for Walking With The Wounded's Walking Home For Christmas campaign.
The north Norfolk team started from Catesby Court, one of the oldest merchant's houses in Wells, where Val Chitty served a mince pie and mulled wine breakfast to set them off.
They then hiked along the coast to finish at Blakeney.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 3 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 4 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 5 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 6 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 7 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 8 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 9 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 10 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
Walking With The Wounded supports veterans with physical, mental or social injuries on their journey to long-term security, independence and employment.
Walking Home For Christmas raises funds for WWTW's Home Straight programme. which helps homeless veterans gain back their independence through employment.
Home Straight programme manager Amy Franklin said: 'Every £40,000 raised will allow us to fund a new Home Straight project supporting homeless veterans regain their independence through employment.'
? To sign up to do a walk of your own go to wwtw.org.uk