Walk through a bluebell wonderland in South Walsham
- Credit: Archant
The bluebell woodland at Sotshole Broad in South Walsham will open a week ahead of schedule this year, with the public invited to wander through the flowers from Saturday.
The walk through the privately-owned woodland normally opens in May but has been brought forward after the favourable spring weather enticed the flowers out early.
The woodland is open every day from tomorrow until May 25, 10am to 5pm.
Access is via Fairhaven Woodland and Water Garden.
It is a four-mile round trip walk to see the best bluebells which are located at the far end of the wood.
You may also want to watch:
Garden entry, including the bluebell woodland, is adult £6.10, concessions £5.60 and child £3.60, free for under 5s.
There will be a guided walk through the bluebell woodland on Sunday, May 11 starting at the Fairhaven Garden visitor centre, as part of this year's Broads Outdoors Festival. The guided walk is included in the entry fee.
For more information, visit www.fairhavengarden.co.uk or call 01603 270449. Dogs are welcome on leads, although there is a small charge.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Police reopen road following earlier crash
- 7 Murdered Norfolk mum's bravery has helped family through their darkest days
- 8 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 9 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 10 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea