Wake up and smell the coffee! Village pub, the Boars in Spooner Row opens new cafe room
- Credit: Archant
A village pub has added a cafe area in a nod to the rising popularity of fine coffee.
An old snug area and storeroom at The Boars at Spooner Row have been transformed into a cosy place to meet for coffee and a cake from 8am every morning.
Russell Evans, co-owner, said experienced barista Peter Joy had also joined the team.
Mr Evans said: 'We decided we wanted to make this place into a bit more of a community hub.
'Coffee is massive, so we thought we would capitalise on that and make sure we were a top-notch coffee shop.'
You may also want to watch:
Mr Joy, who lives in Bunwell, used to work at the Little Red Roaster in Norwich and also has experience as a barista in Australia. Mr Evans and his wife, Clare, took over the 17th century pub in April last year after its previous owners retired. The Boars is also launching a new brunch menu in April, and plans to open a new courtyard in the spring.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 6 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 7 A47 opens 18 hours after HGV overturns in crash with car
- 8 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Flying Scotsman visit to Mid Norfolk Railway confirmed