Wake up and smell the coffee! Village pub, the Boars in Spooner Row opens new cafe room
- Credit: Archant
A village pub has added a cafe area in a nod to the rising popularity of fine coffee.
An old snug area and storeroom at The Boars at Spooner Row have been transformed into a cosy place to meet for coffee and a cake from 8am every morning.
Russell Evans, co-owner, said experienced barista Peter Joy had also joined the team.
Mr Evans said: 'We decided we wanted to make this place into a bit more of a community hub.
'Coffee is massive, so we thought we would capitalise on that and make sure we were a top-notch coffee shop.'
Mr Joy, who lives in Bunwell, used to work at the Little Red Roaster in Norwich and also has experience as a barista in Australia. Mr Evans and his wife, Clare, took over the 17th century pub in April last year after its previous owners retired. The Boars is also launching a new brunch menu in April, and plans to open a new courtyard in the spring.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 3 Should cars be banned from Norwich's steepest hill?
- 4 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 5 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 6 Car boot sale to return after five years with up to 200 pitches
- 7 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 Inside Norfolk's vital lifeline centre offering families respite