VPS Evander’s fundraising pays for day of care at East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices
- Credit: Archant
A home improvement company has paid for a day of care and support at East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH).
VPS Evander has been supporting EACH since June 2016.
Staff members have organised a range of fundraising events with one worker, Chloe Foreman, going the extra mile and completing a 162 mile sled-ride across Lapland.
The firm raised £6,119 for EACH beating its target of £5,300 – the costs it takes for the charity to deliver its service in Norfolk.
A spokesman from VPS Evander said: 'VPS247 [the company's residential arm] is a national company but we've been an active member of the local community in Norwich, with our head office there for over 30 years, and we're incredibly impressed by the work EACH does.
You may also want to watch:
'We're very proud to support it.'
To company's staff were given a tour of EACH's Quidenham hospice.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 9 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
Sophie Mayes, EACH Norfolk corporate fundraiser, said: 'This is yet another great example of the business community in Norfolk supporting EACH.
'We need to bring in more than £5 million from fundraising every year so we really can't emphasise enough how much this kind of help is appreciated.
'A big thank you to everyone at VPS Evander for their efforts and we look forward to hopefully continuing our relationship into the future.'
Vist EACH for more information about the charity.