Volunteers wanted for new luncheon club in Thorpe St Andrew
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
Volunteers are needed for a luncheon club in Thorpe St Andrew ahead of its launch in January next year.
Thorpe Luncheon Club will provide those who are living alone with a chance to socialise in a relaxed and friendly environment.
It is now seeking volunteers to help with transporting members to Roxley Hall on Yarmouth Road.
The club is a partnership between Thorpe St Andrew Town Council and the Buddies Day Service
Visitors will have the chance to enjoy a freshly cooked three-course lunch.
You may also want to watch:
Town mayor Ian Mackie said: This new project, designed to target those who may be on their own, will provide a lovely community facility for those who want to come and socialise and have a freshly cooked, locally sourced, hot meal.'
For more information on how to get involved, contact Thomas Foreman, town clerk on 01603 701048 or email email@example.com
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 5 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 6 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 9 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital