Volunteers wanted for new dementia cafe in Thorpe St Andrew
- Credit: Archant
A dementia cafe is to open in Thorpe St Andrew in the coming months.
The service will be held at Roxley Hall on Yarmouth Road every month and is for carers and people living with dementia.
It is being set up by the town council and is planned to open on either a Wednesday or Thursday.
While plans are being developed, the council is hoping to hear from people who are keen to volunteer for the service.
Town mayor Ian Mackie said: 'I am pleased that the town council is supporting this important initiative. We will be looking to work with local residents and businesses to develop this proposal and ensure it meets the needs of those who need it most.'
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Sue Lawn added: 'This the first step in the journey towards Thorpe St Andrew being a 'Dementia Friendly Community'.'
Anyone interested in volunteering email email@example.com or call 01603 701048.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies