Volunteers on fundraising cycle ride for Wooden Spoon children’s charity to visit every Norfolk rugby club
- Credit: Archant
Cycling enthusiasts and rugby fans are joining forces to raise money for local charities by cycling hundreds of miles and visiting every Norfolk rugby club along the way.
The three-day Club Together 2017 event is taking place in September.
More than 50 riders have signed up for the annual challenge.
Every rider involved has pledged to raise at least £250.
Half the money raised will go towards the Wooden Spoon charity.
You may also want to watch:
Founded in 1983, Wooden Spoon harnesses the spirit of rugby to transform the lives of disadvantaged and disabled children and young people across the UK and Ireland.
The rest of the money from Club Together 2017 will go towards charities chosen by rugby clubs.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 9 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 10 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
Its official launch is happening on Thursday, March 2, at the Dog House on St George's Street, Norwich, at 6.30pm-7pm.
Anyone interested in taking part or sponsoring the fundraising ride can attend or visit www.clubtogethernorfolk.co.uk