Volunteers on fundraising cycle ride for Wooden Spoon children’s charity to visit every Norfolk rugby club
- Credit: Archant
Cycling enthusiasts and rugby fans are joining forces to raise money for local charities by cycling hundreds of miles and visiting every Norfolk rugby club along the way.
The three-day Club Together 2017 event is taking place in September.
More than 50 riders have signed up for the annual challenge.
Every rider involved has pledged to raise at least £250.
Half the money raised will go towards the Wooden Spoon charity.
You may also want to watch:
Founded in 1983, Wooden Spoon harnesses the spirit of rugby to transform the lives of disadvantaged and disabled children and young people across the UK and Ireland.
The rest of the money from Club Together 2017 will go towards charities chosen by rugby clubs.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 9 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 10 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
Its official launch is happening on Thursday, March 2, at the Dog House on St George's Street, Norwich, at 6.30pm-7pm.
Anyone interested in taking part or sponsoring the fundraising ride can attend or visit www.clubtogethernorfolk.co.uk