Volunteer plea to keep Morley Under Fives Pre-School, near Wymondham, open
A plea has been made for more volunteers to come forward to save a pre-school near Wymondham from closure.
Morley Under Fives Pre-School may have to shut unless skilled volunteers are found, the school's governing committee said.
The pre-school, which was rated as 'outstanding' at its last Ofsted inspection, is facing the prospect of losing three of its six volunteers and fresh blood is needed to fill three key positions - chairman, treasurer and secretary.
Toby Stanwell-Smith, chairman of the committee, said: 'It has been a pleasure and a fulfilling challenge to chair such an important local resource. The pre-school is vibrant and run by such committed staff.'
'My wife Hannah and I have served the pre-school whilst our children have grown up through the nurturing environment that the pre-school provides. It is with great reluctance that we need to leave our positions on the committee in order to focus on other commitments that have arisen.'
You may also want to watch:
For further information about the school visit www.morleypreschool.co.uk
For information about the posts or for application details, contact Toby or Hannah Stanwell-Smith on 01953 851940.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 5 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 6 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 10 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns