Volunteer day to be held at Charles Burrell Museum tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
A volunteer day is being held at Thetford's Charles Burrell Museum to encourage people to help out at the museum which celebrates the town's heritage.
Anyone is welcome to attend the event, held on Saturday, and there will be a tour and a chance to have a chat with and meet current volunteers to discuss the opportunities available.
A popular attraction, the museum sees visitors come from around the world to take a look at the traction and agricultural engines.
During its prime, steam engine producer Charles Burrell and Sons employed 350 people from Thetford and surrounding areas.
The museum is run entirely by volunteers with front of house and cafe assistants needed.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 9 long walking trails to explore in Norfolk
- 10 Residents' anger at Deliveroo motorcycle drivers using pavement shortcut
There is no need to have a good knowledge of Charles Burrell or any previous experience.
People are asked to bring their CV along with them to the museum which is open from 10am until 3pm.
For more information visit the Charles Burrell Museum website