Vodafone return 2G signal to areas of South Norfolk
- Credit: PA
Vodafone has restored signal to areas of South Norfolk after work to update a mast in the area failed.
A spokesman for Vodafone said: 'Our engineers have been successful in bringing the 2G service back online for our customers.
'We'll now continue working to upgrade the site bringing a 4G service to our customers locally.'
Customers in South Norfolk have been without signal for nearly a week, with many feeling 'let down' and 'ignored' by the network provider.
Although areas are able to receive phone signal, some users are reporting that Internet and mobile data is still unavailable.
You may also want to watch:
Vodafone customers took to Facebook to celebrate. Lindsey Raynsford said: 'I have signal at home for the first time in a week.'
The update to the mast was to bring 4G to the area. Customers were sent a text explaining that the work may affect coverage for three days.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 9 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 10 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot