Viv Horner of Attleborough slimming group encourages others to bag up their too-big clothes for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Slimmers are being encouraged to clean out their wardrobes of clothes that no longer fit as part of a fundraiser aiming to raise £3 million for Cancer Research UK.
Viv Horner, a weight-loss consultant who runs a Slimming World group at Attleborough Methodist Church along with Jenni Lotarius, is among those getting behind the challenge, called 'The Big Slimming World Clothes Throw'.
Ms Horner said: 'Lots of people don't know that keeping a healthy weight helps reduce the risk of developing some types of cancer.
'The Clothes Throw is a really good opportunity to remind people of the importance of maintaining a healthy weight, as well as a chance for the members who have done so well to celebrate their amazing weight losses by saying goodbye to their 'before' clothes.'
The clothes are being donated to Cancer Research UK shops through Slimming World groups.
Ms Horner, who lost four stone last year before becoming a Slimming World consultant in September, said: 'I've been putting bits aside for a couple of weeks now, ready to bag it all up in June.
'There are dresses and trousers that no longer fit, belts I've grown too small for and t-shirts I once hid in.
- 1 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 2 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 7 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 8 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 9 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 10 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park
'There are even shoes that seem to be a bit too roomy for me now.
'Now I'm proud to wear lovely clothes that show off my new figure and I no longer feel the need to cover up.'
The Clothes Throw runs from June 5 to 18. For more information call Ms Horner on 07984 089966.