Visitors turn out in force for Thetford open gardens
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Organisers of this year's Thetford Open Gardens event believed they had their best year yet when residents welcomed visitors to have a look at their blooms.
Rachel Woods, who organised the annual event, said she welcomed 240 visitors to her garden alone, while in total 33 homes within the town took part.
Money was also being raised for the charity St Nicholas Hospice Care, which provides practical, medical and spiritual support to families living with an illness that is life threatening.
Mrs Woods said the gardens on show ranged from courtyard gardens to patios and others with big stretches of lawn, boasting roses and lavender in full bloom among other plants.
One house had a rhinoceros statue on the lawn, while another homeowner held a Guess the Weight of the Cake competition.
You may also want to watch:
Kings House in King Street and Boscombe House and meditative gardens in Castle Lane were among places that joined in the open gardens.
Mrs Woods said: 'It has been brilliant. We have sold out of programmes. We have done the best we have ever done.'
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 3 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 4 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 7 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 8 'Fantastic to have people back' - Tea room reopens on Broads
- 9 McDonald's hiring in Norfolk and plans new restaurants
- 10 Popular restaurant to reopen after staffing issues
Anyone who would like to participate in next year's open gardens can do so by contacting Mrs Woods on 07796 958404.