Visitors get inspiration from nature reserve at Pensthorpe’s specialist plant day
Hundreds of plant lovers were in their element at Pensthorpe Natural Park as it held its annual Specialist Plant Day with experts from some of Norfolk's top nurseries on hand to give advice.
Organised in conjunction with the Norfolk Nursery Network, visitors were able to buy rare and unusual plants alongside traditional favourites, as well as get inspiration from Pensthorpe's own stunning gardens.
It is the sixth time the event has been held and money from an entry fee will be donated to The Escape Project which is Norfolk Nursery Network's chosen charity. It is a small local charity run by Family Action which promotes wellbeing through community gardening.
Owner Bill Jordan said it was nice to see so many people buying plants and combining it with a walk around the reserve.
He said: 'People can see plants in situ which gives them ideas for their own gardens.'
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 5 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 6 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 7 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 8 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 9 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 10 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce