Visitors get inspiration from nature reserve at Pensthorpe’s specialist plant day
Hundreds of plant lovers were in their element at Pensthorpe Natural Park as it held its annual Specialist Plant Day with experts from some of Norfolk's top nurseries on hand to give advice.
Organised in conjunction with the Norfolk Nursery Network, visitors were able to buy rare and unusual plants alongside traditional favourites, as well as get inspiration from Pensthorpe's own stunning gardens.
It is the sixth time the event has been held and money from an entry fee will be donated to The Escape Project which is Norfolk Nursery Network's chosen charity. It is a small local charity run by Family Action which promotes wellbeing through community gardening.
Owner Bill Jordan said it was nice to see so many people buying plants and combining it with a walk around the reserve.
He said: 'People can see plants in situ which gives them ideas for their own gardens.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 6 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear