Visitors enjoy a behind the scenes look at Norwich Theatre Royal
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
From stepping out on the stage to taking a look at the dressing rooms, people of all ages had fun exploring Norwich Theatre Royal during the venue's annual open day.
The event on Saturday gave visitors the chance to go behind the scenes and learn about what what goes into bringing the magic of theatre to the stage. They were able to take part in an array of theatre-inspired activities and even bag a bargain at a costume sale.
Visitors could also take a tour of the Theatre Royal's newly-opened Stage Two learning and participation centre, and enjoy watching performances created by the young people who have been taking part in the Theatre Royal's summer school.
John Bultitude, from the Theatre Royal, said that more than 1,100 visitors attended this year's open day.
'It was one of our busiest open days we have ever had,' he said.
'We are really pleased and excited that so many people wanted to have a look behind the scenes at the theatre and also have a first glimpse at Stage Two.'
For more about Norwich Theatre Royal and the shows coming to the theatre, visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 6 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 7 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 8 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 9 Which of the major shops are staying closed this Boxing Day?
- 10 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack