Visiting donkey cheers up Jean in Walcott
- Credit: Archant
An 88-year-old got a big surprise as a real donkey surprised her in her Norfolk home.
Jean Skelton was born and bred on a farm in Nottingham but moved to Walcott after getting married and having children.
One friend of Mrs Skelton, the Rev Eiler Mellerup, became aware of Jean's ambitions of meeting up with a donkey again after riding them on the beach in her earlier life.
Mrs Mellerup later came across the 'minidonks', an organised group of mini donkeys and dogs that visit groups who benefit from the therapy they provide.
Revd Eiler arranged for a friendly donkey to visit Jean, during the Christmas holidays, as a surprise.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Skelton said: "It was a fantastic surprise to have a real donkey in my lounge and a big thank you to the Revd Eiler Mellerup, who looks after our flock."
"I will never forget the day a donkey visited."
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 8 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days