WATCH: Get a glimpse of Virgin Holidays new store in Norwich complete with virtual reality rollercoaster and cocktail bar
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photography
Ever wanted to visit outer space? A new store in Norwich will allow you to do just that - with a mojito in hand.
Virgin Holidays has launched a £450,000 V-room store in Norwich complete with a virtual reality rollercoaster and complimentary cocktail bar.
Based in Intu Chapelfield, the shop is designed to match the style of a luxurious airport lounge.
Created specifically for the store, the virtual reality rollercoaster takes customers on a ride through the roof of intu Chapelfield, through space (passing a Virgin Galactic spacecraft) and straight to the Las Vegas Strip.
The V-room also contains a selection of Virgin Atlantic's aircraft seats for customers to try before they fly, as well as a children's play area.
You may also want to watch:
Located on the ground floor of the shopping centre, the store has created nine new jobs in the city.
Joe Thompson, managing director of Virgin Holidays, said: 'We're proud to unveil our first V-room in East Anglia - representing a £450,000 investment in Norwich and bringing the holiday experience alive for customers before they depart.
- 1 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 2 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 3 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 6 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 7 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 8 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 9 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
'Holidays are some of the most precious moments we share with loved ones and we want to immerse customers in that feeling from the moment they set foot inside our V-room. Our new store helps inspire customers by bringing the sights, sounds and tastes of their holiday right here to Norwich.'
Sheridan Smith, marketing manager for Intu Chapelfield added: 'We're very excited that Virgin Holidays have decided to locate their V-room store within Intu Chapelfield and I'm particularly looking forward to trying out the virtual rollercoaster.
'We're in constant dialogue with a range of national, local and international brands to ensure that we continue to offer the people of Norfolk a vibrant retail and leisure mix.
'The Virgin Holidays V-room store will provide our shoppers with a fabulous way to get into the holiday spirit, even before they've booked their trip.'
Other stores in Norwich with quirky features:
• Game, Back of the Inns
While Game in Norwich continues to sell video games and accessories, it also offers customers the chance to test out the products for themselves.
• Jarrold, London Street
Following an extensive refurbishment last September, Jarrold department store unveiled a new wine and tapas bar in its food department where customers can sample a wide selection of treats from the deli.