Piece of Norfolk farming heritage for sale
- Credit: Chris Bishop
It isn't quite what you expect to see for sale beside the seaside.
A bright red tractor has appeared at the roadside off the A149 at Heacham.
Farm machinery enthusiast Chris Deeble, 73, has put the 60-year-old McCormick International he has owned for three years up for sale because he wants a smaller one.
"It's a 1960 B275," he said. "It's spent all it's life in Norfolk and it was stored in 2018, so it's mainly a show tractor.
"I want to get a smaller Ferguson, I'm 73 now and it's getting a bit big for me this one. You've got to slow down a bit."
Retired engineer Mr Deeble had nine tractors at one point, but his collection currently numbers two.
Some 54,000 B275s were built between 1958 and 1968.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 7 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 8 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 9 Five takeaways planned to open in Norfolk
- 10 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’