Vince Vaughn to play ‘80s wrestling star in The Rock’s Fighting With My Family
- Credit: PA
The Wedding Crashers actor has joined the cast of Dwayne Johnson's dramedy featuring Lena Headey, Florence Pugh and Nick Frost.
Johnson, who is also set to make an appearance in the film, revealed the casting on social media, saying: 'Excited to welcome Vince Vaughn to our #FightingWithMyFamily cast. He loved the script and sank his teeth into it embodying this character.'
According to the post, Vaughn will be portraying a wrestling star from the '80s who 'squandered his money and opportunities because he didn't have the capacity to handle his fame.'
The identity of the wrestler has yet to be revealed, but fans are speculating that it could be Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, an American wrestler best known for two stints in the World Wrestling Federation (now called WWE).
This announcement follows a whopping $17.5 million European Film Market deal which saw MGM obtain the world rights to the project.
MORE: MGM secures the rights to The Rock's wrestling film about a Norwich family for $17.5mWritten and directed by Stephen Merchant, the film will shine a spotlight on WWE Superstar Paige, real name Saraya-Jade Bevis, and her wrestling family from Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
• Who do you think Vince Vaughn will be playing in the film? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich