Vince Vaughn to play ‘80s wrestling star in The Rock’s Fighting With My Family
- Credit: PA
The Wedding Crashers actor has joined the cast of Dwayne Johnson's dramedy featuring Lena Headey, Florence Pugh and Nick Frost.
Johnson, who is also set to make an appearance in the film, revealed the casting on social media, saying: 'Excited to welcome Vince Vaughn to our #FightingWithMyFamily cast. He loved the script and sank his teeth into it embodying this character.'
According to the post, Vaughn will be portraying a wrestling star from the '80s who 'squandered his money and opportunities because he didn't have the capacity to handle his fame.'
The identity of the wrestler has yet to be revealed, but fans are speculating that it could be Jake 'The Snake' Roberts, an American wrestler best known for two stints in the World Wrestling Federation (now called WWE).
This announcement follows a whopping $17.5 million European Film Market deal which saw MGM obtain the world rights to the project.
MORE: MGM secures the rights to The Rock's wrestling film about a Norwich family for $17.5mWritten and directed by Stephen Merchant, the film will shine a spotlight on WWE Superstar Paige, real name Saraya-Jade Bevis, and her wrestling family from Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
• Who do you think Vince Vaughn will be playing in the film? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 6 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse