Villagers urged to unite and save the Rose and Crown pub, beside the River Wissey at Hilgay, near Downham Market
Villagers are being urged to unite and save their local pub.
The Rose and Crown in Hilgay, near Downham Market, has been put up for sale for �375,000 and around 60 people attended the meeting at the pub last week to discuss a possible community buy out.
Landlady Linda Scott, who rents the pub, fears the pub could be lost forever if villagers don't buy it.
She said: 'It was a very positive meeting and people have now gone away to have a think about what was said.
'We don't know what is going to happen next because it will all depend if people come back to us or not.'
Call 01366 385 414 for more information or to pledge support.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 5 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 6 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment