Village pub and takeaway in Belton, near Great Yarmouth, evacuated after fire breaks out
- Credit: Archant
A village pub and takeaway near Great Yarmouth had to be evacuated this afternoon after a fire broke out.
Emergency services were called to a blaze at the Belton Fish and Chip shop on Station Road South, Belton, shortly after 3.45pm on Saturday.
The building, which is attached to The Tavern pub, was said to have filled with smoke and had to be evacuated.
A member of staff at The Tavern said pub customers were also evacuated as a safety precaution.
Fire crews from Great Yarmouth, Loddon and Gorleston attended the scene. They used compressed air foam and hose reel jets to extinguish the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
• Do you have pictures from the scene? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 9 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 10 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden