Village care home celebrates ‘good’ rating
- Credit: Archant
A village care home is celebrating after receiving a 'good' rating from the health and social care watchdog.
Hethersett Hall in Norwich Road, Hethersett, received high praise from the Care Quality Commission (CQC) which declared it 'good' in the categories of safe, effective, caring and responsive, and 'outstanding' in the category of 'well-led'.
Gerard Dooley, the care home's general manager, said he was thrilled with the rating, which followed an inspection on January 9.
Mr Dooley said: 'We are delighted that Hethersett Hall Care Home was rated 'outstanding' in 'well-led' by the Care Quality Commission and overall 'good' in four key areas of the inspection following the CQC's most recent inspection.
'I and my team always strive to provide the best possible quality care for everyone who lives at the home.'
You may also want to watch:
The CQC's report said: 'The service was extremely well-led.
'There was outstanding leadership in place.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
'Audits were thorough, inventive and effective in identifying areas for improvement. The service and the staff were constantly striving to improve.'
The report went on to praise the care home's leadership further, stating: 'There was excellent leadership in place, with a positive, open culture, where the registered manager listened to staff concerns and ideas.'
Hethersett Hall is run by Barchester Healthcare, which runs more than 200 care homes across the country.
It provides residential care for older people, including people living with dementia, who are supported in a dedicated 'memory lane' community.
The care home also offers respite care and day care.
Has your care home done something to be proud of? Email reporter Stuart Anderson at email@example.com or call 01603 772588