Views sought over future of Reydon health centre land
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Views are being sought over the future of land next to Sole Bay Health Centre after plans to build a care home there failed to materialise.
People living in Reydon and Southwold are being invited to have their say during two events next month.
When the health centre was developed in 2014, an area of land next to it was left clear so that it could be developed at a later date into a care home.
Since then NHS Property Services have been trying to sell the land to prospective care home developers, however none have come forward.
Now NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is holding two engagement events so that local people can have their say on alternative uses for the land.
You may also want to watch:
Rebecca Driver, director of commissioning and engagement, said: 'It has been really disappointing that a care home developer has not come forward to develop the land. Now we need to get your views on what alternative developments would be acceptable so that the CCG can work with NHS Property Services to find an alternative.
'This is an important piece of land for people in Southwold and Reydon and because it is next door to the practice presents an ideal opportunity for a development which would support local people alongside the GP practice.'
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
The two events are both being held on Wednesday, March 22 at the Stella Peskett Millennium Hall in Southwold. The first is from 2pm to 4pm and the second is from 6pm to 8pm.