Views sought over future of Reydon health centre land
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Views are being sought over the future of land next to Sole Bay Health Centre after plans to build a care home there failed to materialise.
People living in Reydon and Southwold are being invited to have their say during two events next month.
When the health centre was developed in 2014, an area of land next to it was left clear so that it could be developed at a later date into a care home.
Since then NHS Property Services have been trying to sell the land to prospective care home developers, however none have come forward.
Now NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is holding two engagement events so that local people can have their say on alternative uses for the land.
You may also want to watch:
Rebecca Driver, director of commissioning and engagement, said: 'It has been really disappointing that a care home developer has not come forward to develop the land. Now we need to get your views on what alternative developments would be acceptable so that the CCG can work with NHS Property Services to find an alternative.
'This is an important piece of land for people in Southwold and Reydon and because it is next door to the practice presents an ideal opportunity for a development which would support local people alongside the GP practice.'
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 3 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 4 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 5 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 6 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 7 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 10 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
The two events are both being held on Wednesday, March 22 at the Stella Peskett Millennium Hall in Southwold. The first is from 2pm to 4pm and the second is from 6pm to 8pm.