Video: TS Warrior sea cadets bang their drums for Maritime Festival
One group making the most of the Great Yarmouth Maritime Festival is the sea cadets from T.S Warrior.
Based at Steam Mill Lane, Cobholm, Great Yarmouth, the group are providing the constant soundtrack to the festival, as they entertain visitors outside the town hall.
Unit chairman Duncan Boyne said: 'Without a doubt it means a lot to the cadets to be here. They get a chance to let the public see them.
'It is just a way for us to say to people 'here we are', this is what we do, we are trying to help and if there is anybody who want to join us, they are most welcome.'
The group, whose member range from 8-18, had their boat out at the festival and were letting people have a look around, and have a go on their drums.
You may also want to watch:
'A lot of kids are too embarrassed, so we encourage them to join in,' added Mr Boyne.
'It is important to Yarmouth to have a strong sea cadet group.'
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 3 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 9 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 10 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront